Garmin GPS – An Introduction to Integrated GPS/NAV/COM Receivers
This course is designed to introduce you to the techniques for using the world’s most popular and best selling panel-mount Garmin GPS/NAV/COM receivers; the Garmin GNS family and the new touch-screen Garmin GTN family. The course has elements from our Level I and Level II GPS courses to get you on your way to learn the ins-and-outs of these general aviation flight management systems.
Attendance at this course will enable you to meet the Recency Requirements of Canadian Aviation Regulations section 401.05(2)(a) and at the end of the course you will be issued a certification sticker for entry in your personal logbook.
You will learn how to utilize the Garmin GNS 430W / GNS 530W and the Garmin GTN 650 / GTN 750 for VFR operations and for IFR operations, including flight planning and flying instrument approaches, such as the ILS and WAAS LPV approach.
The instructor will use on-screen PowerPoint presentations and the iPad-based Garmin GTN Trainer for demonstrations. Be sure to bring along your iPad to practice the procedures on your own giving you lots of experience with tactile learning. The GTN Trainer is available as a free download from the App Store.
- Powering ON the GPS/NAV/COM receivers – System Checks
- Tuning COM and NAV Frequencies
- Direct-to Navigation
- Flight Planning for VFR Navigation
- Flight Planning for IFR Operations
- RNAV LPV Approaches and Missed Approaches
Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Langley Campus
20910 Langley Bypass
Langley, British Columbia
Canada V3A 8G9
Date: October 8, 2020 Course: 13:00 to 17:00
Class size: minimum 2 – maximum 10
Fee: $100 + GST per person
Seating is limited so pre-registration and payment of the course fee is required to reserve your position on the course. Click here to Register and then you may pay for your course in advance by using one of the following options, in order of preference:
- by using Interac e-Transfer from your Canadian bank account to NavPath Aviation Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mailing a cheque to NavPath Aviation Ltd at the address below
- by securely paying on-line with your PayPal account, or credit card, to NavPath Aviation Ltd through the NavPath website
You may also attend, on a space available basis, and pay at the door with Interac e-Transfer or cash.
We look forward to seeing you in class!
Course Manager: Bob Leroux
Class 1 Flight Instructor, Pilot Examiner and former Inspector with Transport Canada
… it’s an attitude!